Criminal Defence Lawyer in Surrey and Vancouver
Stuart Lein is a Vancouver criminal defence lawyer who defends individuals throughout British Columbia. The majority of his work is in the Vancouver Lower Mainland where he attends Courts in Vancouver, Surrey, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, North Vancouver, and Richmond.
Areas of Practice in Criminal Law
- All criminal charges pursuant to the Criminal Code of Canada
- All drug charges pursuant to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Youths charged with criminal and drug offences pursuant to the Youth Criminal Justice Act
- “White Collar Crime” involving Theft and/or Fraud related charges
- Extradition Proceedings
- Civil Forfeiture Act seizures of property alleged to be the proceeds of unlawful activity
- Violations of Federal or Provincial Laws relating to taxation, securities, environmental, etc.
The initial consultation is free and without obligation. At this time we will discuss the nature of the charge against you as well as the different options that may be open to you. Fees will also be discussed and you will be provided with a quote in routine matters or at least a fee estimate in more complex matters.
Fees depend on the complexity of the matter as well as the amount of time that is expected to conclude your case.
A retainer (down payment) is required before the first court appearance and a payment plan can be arranged for the balance of the fee, which must be paid prior to the conclusion of the case.